As a published author and expert in technology, I have dedicated my life to Build, Manage and Expand Public Wi-Fi programs. To bridge the digital divide, create jobs, educational opportunities, and access to government services.
As a technology professional for 30 years, I have dedicated my life to the promise of technology for improving peoples lives.
• Renown Innovation Expert locally and nationally.
• Constructed high speed fiber network connecting eight municipalities.
- In the progress of constructing more.
• Expanded the County of San Mateo’s Public Wi-Fi program.
- Nearly ten million hours of usage by the public last year.
- Improved access to government services.
- Expanded educational opportunities and improved student test scores.
- Expanded commercial opportunities for local business.
- Bridging the digital divide for those with limited access.
• City of San Leandro City Councilmember since 2012
• City of San Leandro Recreation and Parks Commissioner
• Personnel Relations Board Member
• Homeowner’s Association President
• Asian Community Cultural Association President
• Volunteer with many other local organizations
• Benny and his family are 20 year residents of San Leandro.
• Former martial arts competitor and champion from the late 80’s.
About Oro Loma Sanitary District
Oro Loma Sanitary District was formed on August 7, 1911, and is one of the oldest sanitary agencies in Alameda County. It was subsequently reorganized under the Sanitary District Act of 1923 of the State Health & Safety Code, which empowers the District to provide sewer, solid waste, and recycling services as a special district of local government. In Fiscal Year 2019-20, the District has a staff of 44 employees.
Service Area and Population Served
The District encompasses 13 square miles, serving the communities of unincorporated Alameda County, including San Lorenzo, Ashland, Cherryland, Fairview, portions of Castro Valley, and designated areas of the Cities of Hayward and San Leandro. Oro Loma’s service area is located about 13 miles south of Oakland and 30 miles north of San Jose on the eastern shore of the San Francisco Bay.
Oro Loma serves approximately 47,103 customers within the District’s jurisdiction, comprised of: 45,910 residential (97.3%); 1,190 commercial and light industrial (2.69%), and 3 significant industrial users (0.01%). Treatment services are also provided to approximately 21,400 customers from Castro Valley and the Cities of San Leandro and Hayward. All together, the District services are provided to nearly 135,000 people.
Find out more about Oro Loma Sanitary District Board here.